about non-compatible optimization (was: Re: patch to bring java vtables closer to g++ abi conformance)

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Wed Jan 30 22:35:00 GMT 2002

Tom Tromey wrote:

>It's clear that _Jv_InitClass calls are a problem for us (how big a
>problem and what its priority should be, I don't know).  My opinion is
>that we should pick the solution with the best performance :-).  This
>means experimenting with a few methods.

Note that we still generate unconditional calls to _Jv_InitClass in many
cases. It would improve things a lot to inline the check, which is very
simple.

regards

Bryce.