More questions about _GLOBAL [[ how I finally solved it ]]

Adam Megacz gcj@lists.megacz.com
Wed Jan 30 16:08:00 GMT 2002

Well, I finally came up with a workable solution -- now I just have
method-gc strip out all .ctors / .jcr sections and rebuild them
manually for all known-to-be-reachable classes by spitting out a
simple assembler source file and including it in the link.

Works like a charm, HelloWorld is now at 133kb gzipped.

Bryce, thanks again for the pointers into the java frontend;
deterministic, one-per-class naming of __GLOBAL__I__ symbols made this
workaround possible.

  - a