link problems under darwin5.2

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Sun Jan 6 13:41:00 GMT 2002

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Andreas> From my point of view I find them:
> Andreas> e.g MAIN_CLASS
>
> Andreas> 00001148 D __ZN4java4util3jar15Attributes$Name10MAIN_CLASSE
>
> Ok.
>
> Andreas> in the .libs/libgcj.a I find MAIN_CLASS as well:
>
> Andreas>          U __ZN4java4util3jar15Attributes$Name10MAIN_CLASSE
>
> The `U' means there is a reference to this symbol, not that it is
> defined.  So it looks like this symbol is indeed not in the archive.
>
> Does `ar t' tell you that the .o file is in the archive?
> If not, then that is the problem.
> If the .o is in the archive, extract it somewhere and look at that .o.
> Perhaps somehow the .a was built incorrectly?
> You could try removing the .a/.la/.so files and rebuilding.

Luckily I have now enough space to have more than one tree around.

Well, I try tomorrow but here the quick things:

Hmm, it seems it is available as well:

[titanium:powerpc-apple-darwin5.2/libjava/.libs] andreast% ar -t
libgcj.a | grep Attributes.o
Attributes.o
Attributes.o
BasicAttributes.o

[titanium:powerpc-apple-darwin5.2/libjava/.libs] andreast% ar -t
libgcj.a | grep Reference.o
natReference.o
PhantomReference.o
Reference.o