libjava testresults

Zack Weinberg zack@codesourcery.com
Wed Dec 18 00:50:00 GMT 2002

Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

> Hi (java@gcc.gnu.org added to the CC),
>
> On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 10:36:50AM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>>
>> I have now committed a merge from trunk to the 3.4 basic-improvements
>> branch.  My tests show only one significant difference between
>> testsuite results on the mainline and the branch: that is an
>> additional failure of the libjava testsuite.  As the libjava test
>> suite is currently in bad shape with 65 unexpected failures on the
>> mainline, I am not inclined to hold the merge over it.
>
> That is strange. I tested both mainline and the 3.4-bi branch last night
> and the results don't look that bad.

How odd.  Perhaps there is something locally glitched with my system,
but as I am using essentially the same one you are...

I was seeing a great deal of failures of the form

FAIL: ArrayStore execution - gij test
FAIL: ArrayStore execution - gij test
FAIL: ArrayStore2 execution - gij test
FAIL: ArrayStore2 execution - gij test

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-12/msg00548.html and
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-12/msg00547.html for the
full list.

However, the rebuild I did on 2002-12-16 shows only

FAIL: PR1343 compilation from bytecode
FAIL: PR1343 -O compilation from bytecode
WARNING: program timed out.
FAIL: SyncTest execution - gij test
WARNING: program timed out.
FAIL: SyncTest execution - gij test
WARNING: program timed out.
FAIL: SyncTest -O execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: pr8823 execution - gij test
FAIL: pr8823 compilation from bytecode
FAIL: pr8823 execution - gij test
FAIL: pr8823 -O compilation from bytecode

(the WARNINGs appear to be related to the FAILs immediately after
them).

I'll do another build overnight and see what I get.

zw