bootstrap problem on x86-linux (and presumably everywhere else)

Geoff Keating geoffk@geoffk.org
Mon May 21 18:13:00 GMT 2001

> Cc: java@gcc.gnu.org
> From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
> Date: 17 May 2001 17:35:14 -0600

> Geoff> I believe this is because libgcj contains C++ code (for
> Geoff> instance, shs.cc) but does not link with libstdc++.
>
> Geoff> Is there some reason why this shouldn't be done?
>
> Yeah, we just went through a lot of trouble to get rid of it.
> For libgcj, linking against libstdc++ is just adding a dependency with
> no benefit.
>
> If shs.cc is the problem we should fix it not to use "C++" stuff
> (meaning the low-level libsupc++ code), by adding Zack's #pragma or
> whatever else is required.

It's every file that has C++ exception semantics (even if they don't
actually throw or catch exceptions).  I think there are quite a number
of them.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>