bootstrap problem on x86-linux (and presumably everywhere else)

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu May 17 21:00:00 GMT 2001

Geoff> I believe this is because libgcj contains C++ code (for
Geoff> instance, shs.cc) but does not link with libstdc++.

Geoff> Is there some reason why this shouldn't be done?

Yeah, we just went through a lot of trouble to get rid of it.
For libgcj, linking against libstdc++ is just adding a dependency with
no benefit.

If shs.cc is the problem we should fix it not to use "C++" stuff
(meaning the low-level libsupc++ code), by adding Zack's #pragma or
whatever else is required.