Adding 'Adding new classes' to HACKING

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 09:09:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

Mark> 2001-07-23  Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
Mark> 	* HACKING: add description on updating namespace

Please check this in.

Mark> I also noticed that this file only exists on the main branch,
Mark> may I also add it to the gcc-3_0-branch?

Sure.

Mark> Is there a reason to do it this way for the java.lang, java.io
Mark> and java.util (sub)packages, but not for the other packages?

We chose these packages on the theory that they were the most common
ones, and most likely to be used in CNI code.  It was an arbitrary
sort of decision.  We can always extend it.  However, libgcj and gcjh
collude in this matter.  So if we change one we must change the other.