Hash synchronization patch

jeff.sturm@appnet.com jeff.sturm@appnet.com
Fri Feb 9 17:57:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> I assume this was on Linux/X86?

Yes.

> It would be useful to know exactly where (in natObject.cc) the exception is
> being raised.  It can be raised by monitor entry, monitor exit,
> Object.wait(), and the notify variants.  For some of them it can be raised
> under several different conditions.  It would also be nice to know the
> values of locals, and particularly the fields in the structure *he where the
> exception is raised.  (Of course, in an ideal world, I'd like a test case I
> can run here.  If this is narrowed down a bit, I might be able to get
> there.)

I can gather more data when I get back Monday.  There was a stack trace
but I didn't save a copy.  Hopefully I can reproduce it within gdb;
postmortem debugging isn't of much use here (though I suppose I could
insert an infinite loop into the constructor of that particular
exception, so I can attach after the problem occurs).

My plan was to run the same test on a multiprocessor, but there's
little point until the immediate problems are solved.

Jeff