Current status of "gcj"

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Wed Feb 7 12:21:00 GMT 2001

The code is all there.  It mostly worked once with a severely grafted source
tree.  (There were some problems with exceptions at the time, but I suspect
those extended beyond Java.  And they may have bee related to the tree
grafting.)

AFAIK, gcj has never been included in the IA64 toolchain snapshots put
together by Jim Wilson, but there is no fundamental reason for that (other
than Jim Wilson's time, or lack thereof).

I will try to build the current CVS gcc tree with Java on one of our
machines, and make sure that more or less works.  It should now be much
easier now than the last time I tried.  (It wasn't promising until a few
days ago, due to more generic gcj tree merge issues.)

Hans