bug in the ClassLoader

Tony Knaus awk@spinnakernet.com
Mon Aug 27 15:13:00 GMT 2001

Anthony Green wrote:

> > This bug occured when I built a separate shared
> > library with java security objects from the gnu classpath
> > to supply missing definitions to Tomcat
>
> Hmm.. what's missing?  I am building Tomcat without having to add missing
> classes to libgcj.

tomcat/src/org/apache/tomcat/context/PolicyInterceptor.java

Imports from java.security  CodeSource, Permissions,
and ProtectionDomain.

org/apache/tomcat/request/Jdk12Interceptor.java

needs AccessController

org/apache/tomcat/loader/AdaptiveClassLoader12.java

references both ProtectionDomain and AccessController

and

org/apache/jasper/servlet/JasperLoader12.java

references AccessController.

But now that I understand better how Tomcat is configured
and how it works I see that these classes are not needed
for my purposes. After removing them from the build
I can now compile Tomcat (and run) without supplementing
libgcj.

Thanks for the tip!

-tony