Trunk gcj ICEs on instance variable increment within try block when compiling to native object. (And a try/finally related bug.)

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Thu Aug 9 16:00:00 GMT 2001

Mark J Roberts wrote:

> Bug Number Two
> --------------
>
> public class Test {
>         try { throw new Exception(); } finally {}
>     }
> }
>
> $ gcj -o test --main=Test Test.java
> $ ./test
> Aborted (core dumped)

This one is a known libgcj bug - there is currently no default exception handler
for the main thread so the runtime aborts when an exception is thrown but not
handled. I have a fix for this which I will check in soon...

> And when I first compile to bytecode with jikes:
>
> $ jikes Test.java
> $ gcj -o test --main=Test Test.class
> $ ./test
>
> It then enters a busy loop and continuously allocates memory.

Don't know about this one though.

regards

Bryce.