Any problem with stealing Classpath?

Matt Welsh mdwATcs.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 15 11:43:00 GMT 1999

I'm trying to build my own RMI implementation (NinjaRMI) using GCJ. A
handful of classes are missing from libgcj, such as ObjectOutputStream
and ObjectInputStream (used for serialization). Assuming that I can
adapt the code from the GNU Classpath project for this purpose, is there
any reason why we shouldn't incorporate bits and pieces of Classpath as
needed to round out libgcj?

More to the point, are there any plans to bring Classpath and libgcj together
at some point? I assume that these two are wholly separate implementations
of the Java libraries. Is there anything being done to merge the two?

Thanks,
Matt