libgcj/60

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Thu Oct 7 23:40:00 GMT 1999


The following reply was made to PR libgcj/60; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: "Kevin B. Hendricks" <khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca>
Cc: apbianco@cygnus.com, green@cygnus.com, tromey@cygnus.com,
        Java Gnats Server <java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: libgcj/60
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 23:39:02 -0700

 >>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin B Hendricks <khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca> writes:
 
 Kevin> So the problem has something to do with how the gcj library is
 Kevin> being linked into the final executable.  Possibly LD_BIND_NOW
 Kevin> might help.  I will check this.
 
 Did you ever find out?
 
 I haven't looked at this bug at all yet.  I won't be able to for a
 little while yet, either.
 
 It's possible that this is a GC bug that is fixed in the current
 version of the GC.  It might be worthwhile trying the new GC, or at
 least reading the change log to see if the Linux PPC port has been
 changed.
 
 Importing the new GC has been on my to-do list a long, long time, but
 that's another task that won't reach the top for a while :-(
 
 Tom
 


More information about the Java-prs mailing list