Some libgcc headers are missing the runtime exception

David Edelsohn dje.gcc@gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:19:10 GMT 2021

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 12:53 PM Richard Sandiford via Gcc
<gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It was pointed out to me off-list that config/aarch64/value-unwind.h
> is missing the runtime exception.  It looks like a few other files
> are too; a fuller list is:
>
> libgcc/config/aarch64/value-unwind.h
> libgcc/config/frv/frv-abi.h
> libgcc/config/i386/value-unwind.h
> libgcc/config/pa/pa64-hpux-lib.h
>
> Certainly for the aarch64 file this was simply a mistake;
> it seems to have been copied from the i386 version, both of which
> reference the runtime exception but don't actually include it.
>
> What's the procedure for fixing this?  Can we treat it as a textual
> error or do the files need to be formally relicensed?

I'm unsure what you mean by "formally relicensed".  It generally is
considered a textual omission.  The runtime library components of GCC
are intended to be licensed under the runtime exception, which was
granted and approved at the time of introduction.

In addition, it would be good to start adding the correct SPDX License
Identifier to all of these files.

Thanks, David