gcc.gnu.org/infrastructure - newer versions of GMP/mpfr/mpc/isl/cloog?

Tobias Grosser tobias@grosser.es
Thu Feb 13 13:41:00 GMT 2014


On 02/13/2014 08:37 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Tobias Grosser <tobias@grosser.es> wrote:
>> On 02/13/2014 08:19 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Tobias Grosser <tobias@grosser.es> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> On 01/27/2014 08:29 PM, Tobias Burnus wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>
>>>>> motivated by the recent MPC 1.0.2 announcement, I looked at
>>>>> ./contrib/download_prerequisites and also at
>>>>> ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/ to see which versions are
>>>>> offered there.
>>>>>
>>>>> Question: Would it make sense to place newer versions into
>>>>> infrastructure and update ./contrib/download_prerequisites for those? I
>>>>> believe most distros use newer versions nowadays and as some bugs have
>>>>> been fixed in newer versions...
>>>>>
>>>>> * GMP: infrastructure 4.3.2 (2010-01-08), current: 5.1.3 (2013-09-30)
>>>>> * mpfr: infrastructure 2.4.2 (2009-11-30), current: 3.1.2 (2013-03-13)
>>>>> * mpc: infrastructure 0.8.1 (2009-12-08), current: 1.0.2 (2014-01-15)
>>>>> * ISL: infrastructure 0.11.1 (2012-12-12), current: 0.12.2 (2014-01-12)
>>>>> * CLooG: infrastructure 0.18.0 (2012-12-20), current: 0.18.1
>>>>> (2013-10-11) [Or 0.18.2 (2013-12-20) according to the GIT tag, but that
>>>>> release only added a howto_cloog_release.txt file ...]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hi Tobias,
>>>>
>>>> that sounds like a great idea. We are internally currently working on
>>>> preparing graphite for the isl 0.13.0 release, which is a large
>>>> improvement
>>>> and e.g. provides a computeout facility that allows us to stop dependence
>>>> analysis in case the dependence problem is too complex to solve. This
>>>> would
>>>> address some of the open graphite bugs. Even before this is ready,
>>>> upgrading
>>>> to CLooG 0.18.1 and isl-0.12.1 would probably be a good thing to do.
>>>
>>>
>>> I've tested building the 4.8 branch with cloog 0.18.1 and isl 0.12.2 and
>>> that seems to work.  Updating the infrastructure dir sounds good to me,
>>> I'll do it.
>>
>>
>> Thanks Richi!
>>
>> Could we also make the minimal library requirement for gcc the following
>> two?
>
> I see no reason to do that at this point (I suppose only dropping support
> for ISL < 0.12.2 would help you?), but I have updated the recommended
> versions as documented in install.texi to those two.
>
> When trunk re-opens for stage1 we can drop support for older
> versions once we make code changes that make those versions no
> longer work.

Perfect. That works for us.

> Pretty high on my wishlist and a good motivation would be to get
> rid of the cloog dependency by using the ISL code generator ;)
> I'll help as good as I can with all problems that arise in GCC
> specific areas such as GIMPLE and SSA.

We seem to agree on the next steps. Using the isl code generator is 
pretty high on the wish list, only fixing the last P1 bugs is higher.

Cheers,
Tobias



More information about the Gcc mailing list