gcc extension versus external library

H.J. Lu hjl.tools@gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:58:00 GMT 2012


On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Mohamed Abou Samra
<my_abousamra@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to know the performance differences between any gcc extension and other external library I link it to my code as I linked Intel's DFP library to my code and I used the gcc extension for the DFP in another code but with the same structure and I found the Intel's code is faster than the gcc's one and I heared that gcc extension should be faster than any other linked library! So, what do u think with that? which should be faster?
>

The current DFP support in libgcc is based on the very old Intel DFP
library.  We are planning to update it to the current Intel DFP library.

-- 
H.J.



More information about the Gcc mailing list