gcc extension versus external library

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 15:53:00 GMT 2012


On 09/18/2012 04:42 PM, Mohamed Abou Samra wrote:

> I'd like to know the performance differences between any gcc
> extension and other external library I link it to my code as I
> linked Intel's DFP library to my code and I used the gcc extension
> for the DFP in another code but with the same structure and I found
> the Intel's code is faster than the gcc's one and I heared that gcc
> extension should be faster than any other linked library! So, what
> do u think with that? which should be faster?

I'm not entirely sure what you man by "any gcc extension", but GCC
doesn't have any magic way to call its own libraries.  There's no
reason why an external library shouldn't be faster than one of GCC's
libraries.

Andrew.



More information about the Gcc mailing list