End of GCC 4.6 Stage 1: October 27, 2010
NightStrike
nightstrike@gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 23:23:00 GMT 2010
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:32 PM, NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 09/06/2010 06:18 PM, NightStrike wrote:
>>> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Richard Guenther
>>> <richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 6:19 PM, NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Richard Guenther <rguenther@suse.de> wrote:
>>>>>> On Mon, 6 Sep 2010, Tobias Burnus wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>>>>>>>> Do you have a pointer to testresults you'd like us to use for reference?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> From our release criteria, for secondary platforms we have:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> • The compiler bootstraps successfully, and the C++ runtime library
>>>>>>>> builds.
>>>>>>>> • The DejaGNU testsuite has been run, and a substantial majority of the
>>>>>>>> tests pass.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> See for instance:
>>>>>>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2010-09/msg00295.html
>>>>>>
>>>>>> There are no libstdc++ results in that.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Richard.
>>>>>
>>>>> This is true. I always run make check-gcc. What should I be doing instead?
>>>>
>>>> make -k check
>>>>
>>>
>>> Ugh. And I thought I was golden :)
>>>
>>> This apparently requires autogen to do something about
>>> fixincludes/check.tpl. I have no idea what that is or what that
>>> means....
>>
>> Just ignore the fixincludes test results.
>>
>> Andrew.
>>
>
> Thanks! Life just got easier again :)
>
> Running it with -j5. Hopefully cygwin doesn't barf on that.. I know
> cygwin used to have issues with -j.
>
Ok, so it took a while to eventually find out that cygwin still
malfunctions with -j, and I get lots of "fork() blows because it can't
figure out how to find ubiquitous resources" errors. However, I
eventually got this to finish:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2010-09/msg01864.html
So there's a complete testsuite that includes libstdc++ this time. I
will now have this running continuously.
Note that you won't see results every day -- it takes a LONG time to
do this, mostly because I can't do -j on cygwin. I imagine results
will be every 4 days or so if I run continuously.
Is this enough now for us to qualify?
More information about the Gcc
mailing list