Uncatchable exceptions on some systems.

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Mon Jul 9 18:22:00 GMT 2007

Joshua ChaitinPollak wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2007, at 1:43 PM, David Daney wrote:
>>
>> You don't say what version of uclibc you are using.
>> The last time I checked, exception handling on uClibc was foobar.  I
>> am not sure if it is true for the versions you are using.  There may
>> be patches floating around that make things work (I know I posted some
>> a while back.)
>>
>> David Daney.
>>

> I'm using 0.9.28. I didn't realize uclibc could affect this. Can you
> recommend a version where exceptions work?

The problems are in GCC not uClibc.

See: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-06/msg00815.html

That was just a prototype patch and it has been a while since I tried it
so I don't know if it is still sufficient.

Basically you need to disable -Dinhibit_libc and have the proper dwarf2
exception handling code built into libgcc.

In some cases there are problems getting the proper libraries linked so
that dl_iterate_pheader (sp?) is resolved in uClibc.

David Daney