Bootstrap failure on powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0

Timothy J.Wood tjw@omnigroup.com
Fri Oct 22 17:31:00 GMT 2004


   I thought this patch got reverted (I must be thinking of something 
else).

   At any rate, no, I haven't done anything special to install an 
updated cctools.  Is this even reasonable?  I'm building on Mac OS X 
10.3.5.  Apple's changes shouldn't break building on Apple's OS.  This 
seems pretty clear to me, but make there is an argument to be made...?

   I certainly have no interest in updating my cctools -- I need to use 
this machine for 'real work' and I don't want to b0rk up my developer 
tools install, preventing me from producing reliable and reproducible 
builds of OS X 10.3 apps.  Forcing the install of a new assembler seems 
unreasonable unless GCC 4.0 is dropping support for Mac OS X 10.3 / 
Darwin 7.5  :)

-tim


On Friday, October 22, 2004, at 08:51  AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

>
> On Oct 22, 2004, at 11:43 AM, Timothy J.Wood wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>   With a fresh update on the head this morning...
>>
>> configured with:
>>
>> ../gcc/configure --prefix="$PREFIX" --enable-languages="c,c++,objc"
>
> Do you have cctools 528.5?  If not you need it.
> See:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-10/msg01222.html
>
> I just bootstrapped last night and I did not notice anything which
> could have caused this.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew Pinski
>



More information about the Gcc mailing list