A request for GCC 3.5 snapshots

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 07:26:00 GMT 2004


Joe Buck wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:31:35AM -0500, Kelley Cook wrote:
> 
>>Due to a restrictive security policy, I am unable to access the CVS tree 
>>from my employer's network.
> 
> 
> For anyone in this situation:
> 
> Your company's security team may be reluctant to open port 2401
> everywhere, but lots of us have succeeded in getting an opening made only
> for a selected set of destinations, like gcc.gnu.org or savannah.  If your

Another option is to use TCP/IP tunnelling through HTTP via
something like CVSGrab (http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/)
or HTTPort (http://www.htthost.com/), etc. Your employer
may or may not like it though. :-)

I tinker with GCC at home, so the weekly snapshots
mechanism is the best way I can keep up with what's
happening in GCC-land (I have a somewhat expensive and
slow connection to the Net at home). I've been meaning
to request for 3.5 snapshots for a while now as well.

I disagree with Kelly however that the {core,ada,g++,etc.}
pieces be merged into a single snapshot - I just don't *want*
the other pieces and need only core, g++ and java - why
should I waste disc space and unnecessarily increase
my bootstrap times? Besides, how do they increase
server space requirements? AFAICT, the intersection of
these pieces is the empty set.


> We might be able to do more snapshots, but getting more people able to use
> CVS would be preferable.

We already have snapshots for 3.3 and for 3.4 - I guess
it's time to switch to 3.4 and 3.5 (4.0?) for the
snapshots. Do lots of people still need weekly 3.3
snapshots?

Ranjit.

-- 
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/



More information about the Gcc mailing list