Retargetting GCC - Document
Joe Buck
Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM
Tue Feb 10 23:45:00 GMT 2004
> Philip S. Brown wrote:
> > I have a document I've written which I'd like to submit to GCC. The
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 03:31:31PM -0800, Jim Wilson wrote:
> We don't have a process for dealing with requests like this. We have a
> page that contains links to documentation in other places, but we don't
> have a place to put non-gnu documentation. We can't include the
> document as part of gcc without a copyright assignment, and putting the
> GFDL on it. It isn't clear if you are willing to do this, and it isn't
> clear if we even want it, as we haven't seen it yet.
Let's take one step at a time. We can treat Philip's paper as a technical
document, in which case the appropriate first step is a call for reviewers.
As Jim mentions, we have a page at http://gcc.gnu.org/readings.html for
linking to external documentation. If people find it useful, then we can
figure out whether the right thing to do is to ask Philip to assign the
copyright to the FSF or not.
It sounds like Philip wants us to put it on the GCC website even though we
haven't seen the document. I don't think that's appropriate, though it
might be a good idea if, after review, we think it's a high-quality piece
of work. No offense, Philip, but even Nobel prize winners still get their
papers peer-reviewed before publication.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list