Memory profiling....

Der Herr Hofrat der.herr@hofr.at
Thu Jun 12 08:54:00 GMT 2003


> 
> 
> Hello Bernd,
> 
>   gprof does not do the memory profiling. I can get execution data from gprof 
> but not memory usage data. I am on Solasis, so, I do not know much about KProf.
>
I guess gbcc should do what you need then - here is a sample output:

Bounds Checking GCC v gcc-3.2.2-3.1 Copyright (C) 1995 Richard W.M. Jones
Bounds Checking comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. For details see file
`COPYING' that should have come with the source to this program.
Bounds Checking is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions. See the file `COPYING' for details.
For more information, set GCC_BOUNDS_OPTS to `-help'
Bounds library call frequency statistics:
  Calls to push, pop, param function:        1, 1, 0
  Calls to add, delete stack:                1, 1
  Calls to add, delete heap:                 1, 0
  Calls to check pointer +/- integer:        0
  Calls to check array references:           0
  Calls to check pointer differences:        0
  Calls to check object references:          0
  Calls to check component references:       0
  Calls to check truth, falsity of pointers: 0, 0
  Calls to check <, >, <=, >= of pointers:   0
  Calls to check ==, != of pointers:         0
  Calls to check p++, ++p, p--, --p:         0, 0, 0, 0
  References to unchecked static, stack:     0, 0

hofrat



More information about the Gcc mailing list