C++ Issue on GCC 3.0 branch

John David Anglin dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Sun Apr 22 14:54:00 GMT 2001


>   Then, mail them to me, with the PA traget-triplet and cc1plus
> command-line options.  I should be able to track down what's going on,
> although someone may have to remind me about how some of the PA
> assembler directives work...

I think I am beginning to see the light.  In start_objects, there is
the code:

#if defined(ASM_OUTPUT_CONSTRUCTOR) && defined(ASM_OUTPUT_DESTRUCTOR)
  /* It can be a static function as long as collect2 does not have
     to scan the object file to find its ctor/dtor routine.  */
  TREE_PUBLIC (current_function_decl) = 0;
#endif

ASM_OUTPUT_CONSTRUCTOR and ASM_OUTPUT_DESTRUCTOR are not defined for
hpux 10.20.  The are some defines in pa-64.h for the 64-bit runtime
but they are disabled with #undef's following the defines.  As a result,
constructors are global.  For the SOM linker, I think we have the section
support needed to define these.  I don't know about the startup issues.
Hopefully, this would allow the constructors to be static.

Dave
-- 
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)



More information about the Gcc mailing list