nls patches - need help with make machinery

Philipp Thomas pthomas@suse.de
Sat Jun 3 15:14:00 GMT 2000

* Martin v. Loewis (martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de) [20000604 00:07]:

> > The only thing I didn't fix is to make chill link to libintl.a if needed. I
> > just don't understand enough of the gcc make machinery to find a way to
> > accomplish this. So any help from someone with more knowledge in this area
> > would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Wouldn't adding @INTLLIBS@ into ch/Makefile.in:LIBS do the job? Or
> alternatively, follow the guidance of cp/Makefile.in, and define
>
> INTLLIBS = @INTLLIBS@
>
> and then add this to all places in ch/Makefile.in where INTLLIBS is
> added in the cp Makefile (i.e. LIBS and LIBDEPS).

Yes, that's what I finally figured out too :-) Both ch/Makefile.in and
f/Makefile.in now contain this part of cp/makefile.in:

Top build directory, relative to here.
top_builddir = ..

# Internationalization library.
INTLLIBS = @INTLLIBS@

and then add INTLLIBS to LIBS and LIBDEPS. Boostrap is currently running but
it seems like that was indeed the right way.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE  50              /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC   30              /* max number of processes */
 	-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h