nls patches - need help with make machinery

Sat Jun 3 15:07:00 GMT 2000

> The only thing I didn't fix is to make chill link to libintl.a if needed. I
> just don't understand enough of the gcc make machinery to find a way to
> accomplish this. So any help from someone with more knowledge in this area
> would be greatly appreciated.

Wouldn't adding @INTLLIBS@ into ch/Makefile.in:LIBS do the job? Or
alternatively, follow the guidance of cp/Makefile.in, and define

INTLLIBS = @INTLLIBS@

and then add this to all places in ch/Makefile.in where INTLLIBS is
added in the cp Makefile (i.e. LIBS and LIBDEPS).

Regards,
Martin

P.S. What is the rationale for indirecting every configure variable
through a Makefile variable?