gcc2.95 installed

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Tue Aug 31 23:20:00 GMT 1999


On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 01:15:53AM -0700, Michael Gordon Weaver wrote:
> I have built and installed gcc2.95 on my system:
> 
> powerpc-unknown-linux-gnulibc1
> 
> Besides installing the lastest version of binutils as recommended,
> I had to make a change to the file:
> 
> gcc/config/rs6000/linux.h
> 
> at line 39 to change '-m elf32ppclinux' to '-m elf32ppc'.
> This appears to be a flag passed to 'ld', and the version
> of gld I have recognizes '-m elf32ppc' but not '-m elf32ppclinux'.

What was your 'latest version of binutils'?  elf32ppclinux is supported
in snapshots from mid-2.9.4 and on; Franz Sirl has SRPMS available on
ftp.linuxppc.org for it, although it hasn't been built for gnulibc1
that I know of.

Dan

/--------------------------------\  /--------------------------------\
|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|        SCS Class of 2002       |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __    Carnegie Mellon University   |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |       dmj+@andrew.cmu.edu      |
\--------------------------------/  \--------------------------------/



More information about the Gcc mailing list