TAKE ME OFF THIS LIST PLEASE!

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Wed Sep 30 02:15:00 GMT 1998

  In message < Pine.LNX.3.96.980929224344.11700A-100000@csc.smsu.edu >you write:
  > Hello:
  >
  > Sorry for the caps lock but I have been sending repeated directives to the
  > "egcs" listmailor for weeks. I want off  this list. I have no other choice
  > but to broadcast a message to everyone.
Odd since I don't remember seeing an unsubscribe approval message for you.  I
generally take care of any subscribe/unsubscribe requests which need approval
on a daily basis.

What happened when you sent the messages?  Did you get a confirmation that you
unsubscribed?  Or did you get a message that your request had been forwarded to
the list maintainer?  What address did you send to?  If you sent them to
"egcs", then they'll just be ignored.   The proper way to unsubscribe is
documented on the web site.

jeff