Results for egcs-2.92.11 19980921 (gcc2 ss-980609 experimental)

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Tue Sep 29 22:26:00 GMT 1998

  In message < m0zO619-000395C@ocean.lucon.org >you write:
  > > But, I agree with H.J., it would be fine if more people were testing
  > > libg++ from time to time. For instance, the current mainline sources
  > > look pretty much OK without libg++, but with libg++ "make check" fails
  > > for hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20, m68k-motorola-sysv and m88k-motorola-sysv3.
  > > Perhaps it would also be helpful if we'd extend the test_summary script
  > > to report if "configure"d directories have been found in the tree, but
  > > the particular *.log files are missing. Currently if libg++ fails, no
  > > results are posted for libg++ and nobody knows there's a problem :-(
  > >

  > FWIW, the current egcs in CVS still miscompiles libg++ on
  > Linux/x86. I may not have time to look into it before the
  > end of October.
I would not be overly concerned about this right now.  We're supposed to be
working on development not stability for the mainline tree right now.

Fixing the bug is important, but not critical at the moment.

jeff