libf2c build problems? Was: Results for egcs-2.92.11 19980921 (gcc2 ss-980609 experimental) testsuite on i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1

Robert Lipe robertl@dgii.com
Sun Sep 27 20:41:00 GMT 1998

Craig Burley wrote:

> On my Alpha (RH 5.0 Linux), this snapshot didn't even bother building
> some libraries, such as libf2c.  I haven't had time to investigate

Ewww. Bummer.

I just tried a build on a RH5.1 Linux/x86 version on a version patched
up from who-knows-what snapshot of the past and it died during the build
of libf2c.  I did a 'make clean-target-libf2c' followed by a 'make
all-target-libf2c' and it passed.  I was unable to recreate the failure,
so I'm going to assume (?) that there was some stamp file or something
else left over that confused things when that directory got multilibbed
last week.   A 'make check-target-libf2c' seems to work OK, so whatever
the original failure was (it's not in my scrollback) seems to be gone.

If you and the original poster could try this same "fix", that might
be an easy out...

> I suspect the snapshot includes a misapplied patch or two that
> makes it DOA, or nearly so...but if nobody speaks up with
> an "aha!", I'll try and look into it later this week.  (By "misapplied"
> I include partially applied patches as well.)

If it simplifies things, you can blame me for mangling the Makefiles
until a more clearly identifiable culprit steps forward. :-)