Results for egcs-2.92.11 19980921 (gcc2 ss-980609 experimental)
H.J. Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Sun Sep 27 17:34:00 GMT 1998
>
> >There seems to be a lot of errors in this snapshot. I compiled with
> >egcs-1.1b.
>
> On my Alpha (RH 5.0 Linux), this snapshot didn't even bother building
> some libraries, such as libf2c. I haven't had time to investigate
> why, yet. And, there were comparison failures in the bootstrap
> build as well, in about 7 source files (one in g77). The previous
> snapshot was fine in these respects.
>
> I suspect the snapshot includes a misapplied patch or two that
> makes it DOA, or nearly so...but if nobody speaks up with
> an "aha!", I'll try and look into it later this week. (By "misapplied"
> I include partially applied patches as well.)
>
I can confirm that the current egcs miscompiles libg++ on Linux/x86.
I also saw report that it miscompiled glibc 2.1 on Linux/x86. They
may be related. It will be nice if people run test on libg++ before
they check in changes. I have suggested it many times before. It went
nowhere. The result is everyone wastes time on those bugs which can be
caught by libg++. Should that be a check-in requirement?
--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)
More information about the Gcc
mailing list