[OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages
David Ross
davidr@toadtech.com
Thu Sep 17 10:03:00 GMT 1998
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:26:06 -0400 Alex Buell wrote:
>
> On 17 Sep 1998, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>
> > |> I don't care. If the text console version of the info program didn't suck
> > |> so badly
> >
> > Have you actually tried any recent version of the info program?
>
> Yes, I did. It would keep doing weird things like jump to a completely
> different page from the one I wanted to see no matter what I did, so gave
> up and texi2ps'd them into postscript docs and read them via ghostview.
Yuk!
That doesn't sound like the info program, but the links in the *.info files. Of
course that assumes incorrect but consistent results.
I use info files daily. Occassionally, I have a bad link mostly in the index
menus. I am a GUI/mouse junkie using Emacs --with-x as an IDE.
I just has a thought (excuse me while make a record of it in my diary....back),
have you checked your key bindings? There have been times when I have found the
defaults changed accross releases and the documentation hadn't caught up.
Regards,
David Ross
davidr@toadtech.com
Toad Technologies
"I'll be good! I will, I will !"
More information about the Gcc
mailing list