underflows, overflows, ... [on Alphas]

Dave Love d.love@dl.ac.uk
Sat Sep 5 10:01:00 GMT 1998

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

 Jeff> Yup.  It's actually not that bad.

Robert Lipe concluded otherwise, so I'd put the task aside...

 Jeff> You add a few lines of gunk to configure.in files so that it
 Jeff> can find the toplevel directory and to conditionally source
 Jeff> config-ml.in from the toplevel directory.

 Jeff> Then you wack on Makefile.in in the almost-obvious ways.  Took
 Jeff> about 30 minutes for chill to get all the bits close enough to
 Jeff> correct that I can't see obvious problems when I build/install
 Jeff> the chill runtime.

Can I have a bit more exact specification?  (That's the basic reason
it hasn't been done.)  What exactly does one have to end up with for
everything else to be happy?

[We were originally directed to follow the way Chill did things but
there were various problems with that and libf2c stuff has completely
changed since.]