problem in strsignal.c

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 12 20:31:00 GMT 1998


> I've run into a problem trying to build a cross-compiler from
> hpux to DJGPP.  In strsignal.c at about line 246 
> the following code appears
> 
> static int sys_nsig = NSIG;
> extern const char * const sys_siglist[];
> 
> DJGPP does not define NSIG nor does it have a sys_siglist.  This 
> code is conditionally compiled based on 
> 
> #ifdef NEED_sys_siglist

Andrew,

I would suggest looking at config.log to see if it provides a clue as
to why it can't probably define NEED_sys_siglist. There are cases where 
configure can't do it correctly -- eg., in the case of i386-mingw32 due 
to DLL thunking. Until you can find the configure problem, I suggest you 
look at my patches for i386-mingw32 (not in the snapshots, but in the list 
archive) or better yet, look at libiberty/config/mt-vxworks5 to see how 
you can supply it directly.

You'll have to add the new frag to libiberty/config.table as well. Again
just follow the mt-vxworks5 example to keep life simple. 

Regards,
Mumit




More information about the Gcc mailing list