egcs cvs'd between 980214 8:00 and 9:13 UTC on m68k-next-nextstep3:Success

Toon Moene toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Sat Feb 14 23:44:00 GMT 1998


I managed to cvs -z 9 co egcs yesterday 980214 between 9 and 10:13  
local time (UTC + 1).

The subsequent build succeeded without major complaints, although  
of course the new -W -Wall options gave rise to a lot of warnings.

Running c-torture-1.45 showed one test failure to be eliminated  
with respect to the previous snapshot I built (980129):

% diff egcs-980129.ctort egcs-980214.ctort
321,328d320
< ERROR: 961203-1.c: compiler returns exit status 1:
< ERROR: 961203-1.c: compiler returns exit status 1: -O  
-fno-omit-frame-pointer
< ERROR: 961203-1.c: compiler returns exit status 1: -O  
-fomit-frame-pointer
< ERROR: 961203-1.c: compiler returns exit status 1: -O2  
-fno-omit-frame-pointer
< ERROR: 961203-1.c: compiler returns exit status 1: -O2  
-fomit-frame-pointer
< ERROR: 961203-1.c: compiler returns exit status 1: -O3  
-fno-omit-frame-pointer
< ERROR: 961203-1.c: compiler returns exit status 1: -O3  
-fomit-frame-pointer
< ERROR: 961203-1.c: compiler returns exit status 1: -O3  
-funroll-all-loops
561c553
< Test completed with 32 failures
---
> Test completed with 24 failures

Now I want to do the same with the 1.0.2 release branch - what -r  
tag do I specify for that ?

Cheers,
Toon.



More information about the Gcc mailing list