egcs-1.1 status

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Mon Aug 17 23:32:00 GMT 1998


  In message < 19980817230623.A6927@dot.cygnus.com >you write:
  > On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 03:43:49PM -0400, Cristian Gafton wrote:
  > > > Who wants to volunteer for any of this work?  We're particularly
  > > > interested in x86, alpha, sparc & ppc folks who are familiar with
  > > > building glibc, the linux kernel and Red Hat distributions.
  > > 
  > > What can I help with ?
  > 
  > Rebuilding the entire distribution with the new compiler is probably
  > one of the better tests it could go through.  Hopefully, too, that's
  > one of those things you can just throw cpu cycles at, and see that it
  > all Just Works.  But if there are problems, we'll want to know about
  > them.
Well, I already know bsd-games from redhat 5.1 doesn't build on
the x86.  Triggers a compiler abort.  I'm looking into it :-)

But yes, the theory is we want to build the entire dist with the new
compiler on the x86, alpha & sparc.  It's going to be interesting.

jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list