egcs-1.1 status
Cristian Gafton
gafton@redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 23:32:00 GMT 1998
On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Richard Henderson wrote:
> Rebuilding the entire distribution with the new compiler is probably
> one of the better tests it could go through. Hopefully, too, that's
I'll give it a shot.
> one of those things you can just throw cpu cycles at, and see that it
> all Just Works. But if there are problems, we'll want to know about
> them.
Okay, so I have rpms for the snapshot on
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/home/gafton/testing/egcs
for Intel, Alpha, Sparc. Those rpms _should_ work, but be aware that i
configured them to remove any trace of gcc and/or egcs you had previously
installed on Intel and Sparc. (ie after upgrading to those there will be
no more combo gcc/egcs soup like RH 5.1)
Hopefully I will be able to maintain those rpms in a reasonable turn
around time.
Cristian
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cristian Gafton -- gafton@redhat.com -- Red Hat Software, Inc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list