egcs-980406 on alpha-dec-osf1.3 - gcc yes! g77 no.

Scott M. Blackman scott.blackman@vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 9 14:17:00 GMT 1998


Thanks to the fix Richard Henderson did to the configure script, I can
now build egcs-gcc from the 980406 snapshot!  My extensive testing (i.e.
"make compare" :) ) reports a functional gcc & components.

My goal in this is to try g77 on the alpha.  I got libf2c to compile (after
a small patch; see below), and g77 "apparently" compiles my executable.  I
say "apparently" because when I run it, I get

Unaligned access pid=27538 <homo23> va=140002aa4 pc=12001a994 ra=12001ab50 type=ldq

This repeats forever until I hit ctrl-c.  I have to say this sounds ugly.
I emphasize again that gcc compiles itself successfully.
Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, I had to patch one file in libf2c/libU77 to make it compile:

--- dbes.c-orig	Thu Apr  9 09:50:32 1998
+++ dbes.c	Thu Apr  9 09:49:54 1998
@@ -16,10 +16,10 @@
 not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
 Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.  */
 
+#if 0 	/* Don't include these unless necessary -- dnp. */
 #include "f2c.h"
 #include <math.h>
 
-#if 0 	/* Don't include these unless necessary -- dnp. */
 double G77_dbesj0_0 (const double *x) {
     return j0 (*x);
 }

I just disabled inclusion of <math.h> as was done in bes.c.  I didn't try it,
but putting a #undef abs before the include statement might have worked
(compare to libF77/z_sqrt.c).

Thanks for any help on the unaligned access problem!

Scott Blackman
scott.blackman@vanderbilt.edu



More information about the Gcc mailing list