egcs on cygwin32 i586

op Span op_span@macmail.psy.uva.nl
Thu Dec 11 03:50:00 GMT 1997

Well, now this:

I have gnuwin32 b18 installed. Downloaded Mumit's win32 egcs1.0 pre-build
binaries. untarred them over gnuwin in the dir c:/gnuwin32/b18. This seems to
be the apropriate place. Installed coolview (libcygwin.a and cygnus.dll) and
all seens to be OK.

all but one thing: the default include path is incorrect: unable to find
stdio.h etc. So I hacked the makefile of my app to search the specific dirs
for these files. Now the compilation goes fine. But the linking doesn't. It
just stops. Well actually it just doesn't.

so 2 questions: How do I change de default include-dir?
and what about the linker.

linking: gcc -o ntat.exe main.o -lstdc++

just doesn't stop

linking: gcc -o ntat.exe main.o

gives a long list of undefined symbols (as expected)

From: Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.edu>
Sender: owner-egcs@cygnus.com

"op Span" <op_span@macmail.psy.uva.nl> writes:
> I am using gnuwin32 b18, trying to compile the latest (1207) snapshot on a
> 133 pentium with win95. It fails at:

Things have changed quite a bit since the gcc-2.8.0 merge, and I'll
probably make a new release after things settle down a bit.

> Could this be a Win95/ WinNT problem?

Yes. You need -ladvapi32 to get the Reg* stuff, which should've been
automatically, but obviously there is a glitch.

If you can live with egcs-1.00, try my pre-built distribution at
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

Regards,
Mumit -- khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/