Possible Showstopper

Mark Mitchell mmitchell@usa.net
Tue Dec 2 21:17:00 GMT 1997


The new 971201 snapshot did not fix the problem I am having on my
RedHat 5.0 system (i686-pc-linux-gnu).  In particular, make check
fails horribly for many C++ tests, like this:

/mnt/u1/mitchell/projects/egcs/objdir/libraries//libstdc++/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_pthread_cleanup_pop_restore'
/mnt/u1/mitchell/projects/egcs/objdir/libraries//libstdc++/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_pthread_cleanup_push_defer'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I understand that these functions are defined in libpthread, but if
this library is needed, then egcs should be linking it in by default.
At the very least, something needs to go in the release notes about
this.  More probably, we need to work out a fix.  I don't understand
enough about the way glibc works to know how to fix this, but I'm
happy to answer any questions about my system that might help folks.
My system is a completely stock RedHat 5.0, so we can be sure I won't
be the only one to run into this problem!

-- 
Mark Mitchell		mmitchell@usa.net
Stanford University	http://www.stanford.edu




More information about the Gcc mailing list