install stuff

meissner@cygnus.com meissner@cygnus.com
Mon Dec 1 11:19:00 GMT 1997


|   > Ok, eg. for powerpc-unknown-linux-gnulibc1:
|   > - configure calls config.guess before determing the cc to use
|   > - config.guess defaults to ${CC-cc} for the compiler
|   > - if CC is not set and cc is not in the path (gcc only system, egcs also
|   > does not install any symlink from gcc to cc), all compile attempts in
|   > config.guess will fail and some default values will be used.
| Ah.  I see.
| 
| I guess linux is one of the few systems that doesn't have "cc" of some
| sort (either a vendor compiler or as a link/front-end to gcc).
| 
| I'll cobble up something.

Hmm, both of my systems (pentium pro and powerpc) have /usr/bin/cc, which is a
symlink to gcc.  These are part of the standard packages (gcc-2.7.2.1-2 on the
x86, gcc-2.7.2-2L on the powerpc).



More information about the Gcc mailing list