c/7872: ICE on legal code, regression from 3.0 and 2.9*

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 16 12:46:00 GMT 2002


The following reply was made to PR c/7872; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: Richard Zidlicky <rz@linux-m68k.org>
Cc: bangerth@dealii.org, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c/7872: ICE on legal code, regression from 3.0 and 2.9*
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:41:09 -0600 (CST)

 On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Richard Zidlicky wrote:
 
 > On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 03:45:46PM -0000, bangerth@dealii.org wrote:
 > > Synopsis: ICE on legal code, regression from 3.0 and 2.9*
 > > 
 > > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > > State-Changed-By: bangerth
 > > State-Changed-When: Wed Nov 27 07:45:44 2002
 > > State-Changed-Why:
 > >         Richard, same here: I don't have an m68k so cannot check your problem.
 > you can, the bugreport should have enough information to configure the 
 > cross-compiler and all the necessary input to test the problem on any
 > architecture.
 
 I've never done it, and would not know whether the results I get are right 
 or wrong. So I prefer to leave things like that to people who are more 
 familiar with that than me, and rather concentrate on further searching 
 the database for reports.
 
 
 > >         What happened to the patch you appended? I does not seem
 > >         to have been applied...
 > 
 > Unfortunately untill now I have seen absolutely no response to this 
 > bugreport, thanks for looking at it.
 > 
 > Quite possible my solution is not the correct or best one, I noticed
 > the problem would also go away if m68k had CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE 
 > defined. However the gcc docs describe this as something that should 
 > affect floating point only so I am not sure about this.
 
 Try to find the maintainers of the code and ask them for their opinion, 
 possibly in private mail. Maybe that helps, I see too many bugs slipping 
 through the cracks. Otherwise you may also send the patch to the list, and 
 put a "Unreviewed patch" in the subject to indicate that this is a 
 long-pending matter.
 
 Regards
   Wolfgang
 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:           bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                                www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth
 
 



More information about the Gcc-prs mailing list