Tests Failing on x86_64_gnu

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:45:00 GMT 2018

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 at 21:40, nick <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2018-10-29 4:44 p.m., Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> > Please reply to the mailing list, not just to me.
> >

> Sorry thought it was sent to the list.
>
> Nick

> >> Jonathan,
> >> The issues is after the above commands including make -k check it fails the tests on
> >> on a Ubuntu 18.04, x86_64_gnu based system for the mainline git repo.

Which tests? All of them? More than half of them? You're really not
giving us much to go on here.

You can compare your results with other people's results for recent
trunk builds at https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2018-10/

For recent x86_64-pc-linux-gnu builds I see about 0.1% of tests
failing (a few for the compiler, and a few for libstdc++).

It's not unusual for there to be a few failures at this point in the
development cycle. If you want a stable compiler with no issues, don't
use the development trunk.