Running make check with forced g++ usage

Segher Boessenkool segher@kernel.crashing.org
Mon Sep 25 08:01:00 GMT 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 09:25:14PM +0000, Peryt, Sebastian wrote:
> Your suggestion is working but it's still not what I was expecting.
> However maybe my expectations are just not correct... Normally
> after tests execution you will get something like this:
>
>                 === gcc Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            14
>
> and that's for make check-gcc and make check-gcc-c. But for
> make check-gcc-c++ as you suggest I get nothing. Only regular
>
>                 === g++ Summary ===
>
> No tests passed, no failed. Just no test triggered at all. And that is
> what is my main concern. Shouldn't they just execute same way
> as with plain gcc?

Ah, the command I suggested runs only the C++ compiler testcases.  But
I see you want to run the C testcases with the C++ compiler.

I don't know how to most easily do that.  It's not going to end well
anyway, I'd say.

Segher