Using _Decimal64

A.J. Bonnema gbonnema@xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 6 07:33:00 GMT 2017

Hello,

I started using _Decimal64. According to the gcc extension this should
work for x86_64. However, the compiler does not recognize the type. Is
there any way to make gcc recognize the type _Decimal64 or should I use
the libdecnumber in stead?

According to a mail in this mailing list of 3rd may 2013 by Ian Lance
Taylor users should not use libdecnumber but just refer to _Decimal64 /
32 /128 in stead.

The manual page I found on the subject is:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Decimal-Float.html#Decimal-Float. It
does not specify any header I need to include. The header file that the
N1154 document specifies (decfloat.h) is not on my system (should be
below /usr/include).

I run Fedora 26 , output of uname -a:

Linux maxima 4.12.9-300.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 25 13:09:43 UTC 2017
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

output of gcc --version:

gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170622 (Red Hat 7.1.1-3)

What should I do to get _Decimal64 working?

Kind regards, Guus.