GCC Internals - missing target attributes

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 12:45:00 GMT 2017

On 28/11/17 11:24 +0000, Peryt, Sebastian wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Lately, I've done some cleaning in GCC Internals documentation - section 7.2.3 Keywords describing target attributes. Attached is my current patch.
>
>I've tried to put everything in correct places, but I'm not sure about my choices that's why I'd like to discuss it here before sending it to gcc-patches.

I think either gcc@ or gcc-patches@ is probably the right place to
discuss it, not here.

>One thing I noticed is that avx sse and avx512 were in "Other hardware attributes" section, while I think those should be in i386 section. Those are moved in my patch now. Is it some legacy issue? Or is it due to some exceptions?

No idea, but it makes sense to me. I don't think the Intel backend
maintainers read this list though.

>Moreover I found some additional targets that are not present anywhere in Internals, but frankly speaking I am not sure where those should be put and what description would fit the best for those. I'd appreciate any input.
>
>Additional missing dg-require effective targets descriptions from documentation:
>fenv_exceptions
>fstack_protector_enabled
>ia32

That's a catch-all for i386, i486, i586, i686 etc.

>int128

This almost certainly indicates support for
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/_005f_005fint128.html