Re: --target=powerpc-eabi: error: static declaration of ‘strndup’ follows non-static declaration

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@wippies.com
Thu Nov 9 12:51:00 GMT 2017

Kai Ruottu kirjoitti 9.11.2017 klo 14:32:

> Oops... Must check my eyes or learn to look a little backwards... Just
> before
> the previous there was :
>
> case "${host}--x${with_newlib}" in
>   mips*--xyes)
>     hardwire_newlib=1;;
>   nvptx*--xyes)
>     hardwire_newlib=1;;
> esac
>
> Nowhere else besides in the 'libgfortran' subdir this was seen.
> Duplicates
> in 'configure.ac' and 'configure'. Maybe fixing the '.ac' could be
> enough or
> then both. I'm not any expert in the GNU configury system...  It seems
> that
> the choices for Fortran are quite limited and 'powerpc' should be
> added too.

When fixing the 'libgfortran/configure' to have :

--------------------- clip ---------------------------
case "${host}--x${with_newlib}" in
   mips*--xyes)
     hardwire_newlib=1;;
   powerpc*--xyes)
     hardwire_newlib=1;;
   nvptx*--xyes)
     hardwire_newlib=1;;
esac

# Check for library functions.
if test "${hardwire_newlib:-0}" -eq 1; then
    # We are being configured with a cross compiler. AC_REPLACE_FUNCS
    # may not work correctly, because the compiler may not be able to
    # link executables.

the build succeeded :)

I think the 'configure' being produced from the 'configure.ac' via
'autoconfigure'
or something, so if suggesting a patch this or both should be edited...