Can not follow FAQ about suffix error

Ray Sheppard rsheppar@iu.edu
Fri Apr 28 21:59:00 GMT 2017

Hi again,
  Please remember that I had already built all the prerequisites and
explicitly told configure the path to each of them.  To be honest, that
the package would lose its mind and not know where the libraries were
never crossed my mind until it was pointed out.
All the best.
   Ray

Hi,
   I guess I missed the contrib/download until Ruoyao Li wrote last
night.  My confusion was that the reply in the FAQ said to go to a
specific config.log and follow the directions.  Inside that config.log,
the directions were to go to that config.log and follow the directions...
         Ray