Can not follow FAQ about suffix error

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 12:20:00 GMT 2017

On 28 April 2017 at 04:06, Ray Sheppard wrote:
> Hi,
>   I found the FAQ that addresses my problem but can not follow the solution.

Do you have any suggestions for making it easier to follow? It
currently describes your problem like so:

"Required libraries for the GCC build are missing, specifically MPFR,
GMP and MPC. If installed as shared libraries they must be in the
runtime linker's search path so they can be found. Please, follow the
instructions in the answer to Why does my ./configure and make fail?"

And that other answer tells you to use ./contrib/download_prerequisites

I could add a link to https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC but I'm
not sure what else might help. What part wasn't clear to you when
trying to debug the problem?

Thanks for any suggestions.