Standardized instructions for cross-compiling toolchain?

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Wed May 4 17:40:00 GMT 2016

On 05/04/2016 06:36 PM, Michael Habibi wrote:
> Thanks again. I will look into using a prebuilt libc. If I were to do
> those steps, do I only need to do a single gcc build with the sysroot
> pointing to the root filesystem + new libc libraries? Or is there any
> special bootstrapping or anything I would need to do?

You want the target libraries and the target headers.  Apart from
that it should just work.  Of course, there are always some
exceptions.

I often just mount an image of the entire target filesystem and use
that.  Sure, that's excessive, but at least you know there is
nothing missing.

Andrew.